Friday, June 15, 2012

I missed a train


I think of adding content to my blog every day. It's a promise I never fulfill. But I knew that I would write sometime spontaneously and surprise myself! There I go…Missed the first train of my lifetime. Two fat hours to go and there is not dearth of things that I think I can accomplish.

In hindsight I think that missing a train, flight or a bus is not such a bad thing unless your travel is linked to a life altering event. I actually get 2 full hours to myself thinking of how the day went, what’s pending and ruminate a bit over where my life’s headed and most interestingly just watch people. As a social scientist, I take immense pleasure in watching people, their body language, trade smiles .. I try and build a story around them. Los Angeles is such a melting pot that wherever I am I always have different cultures, costumes and mannerisms to assess. I can never get bored of just observing people!

He who made my Cafe latte
Starbucks with free internet has been a blessing to mankind. Get a tall latte easy foam for $4 and enjoy free internet access for a lifetime! They don’t bother you to leave the place. Hubby must have called me 5 times after I communicated the bad news of having missed the train. He is fretting over the fact I could be sad or bored. But little does he know that I am quite relishing the 2 hours of mental stretch break.

I intend to work on my thesis this weekend but I could jolly well start now. It’s indeed a great time to know how I want to formulate the book and who I want to write to for guidance. I love writing formal corporate emails or reports. My cyber networking skills are so active right now that I have some fabulous ideas of who I want to connect with to get some striking inputs for my thesis on social media.

Self pic @ Starbucks
I just have one hour to go to board the train. The wait is really not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment